Heh, you just don't get it do you? Takugo Revival arc *NOT COMPLETED*

Alright so hey I'm back I guess, but I'm not gonna waste too much time and just get into things.



Everyone in the distance: "Nani?!, he's not even supposed to exist!."



I started writing again recently (wow you actually started writing something again, that's crazy) and I decided that I might as well start blogging again because this stuff is kind of cool I guess, and it helps me think about and through stuff, so let's get into it again. 

Takugo looks at some shit





BRO WHO THE FUCK IS MAKING THESE??

(Lowkey these are pretty dope though, let me know what you think)



Part 1: Takugo looks at some Final Fantasy art
(listening to "Hard" by Tay-K and BlocBoy JB)


Anyway, I was just looking at art from Yoshitaka Amano, the famed artist who designed the majority of  for the Final Fantasy characters, and when I say a majority I actually mean that because, to this day, he is still creating and designing most of the characters for the  series which I just think is crazy considering Final Fantasy 1 came out in 1987*.  















*Final Fantasy 1 came out in Japan in 1987 but came out in North America in 1990, 3 years after the original release. This is interesting simply because North America finally got the first Final Fantasy game (May,1990) after the third final fantasy game, Final Fantasy III, had been released in Japan (April 27,1990).


Instead of designing the characters and pictures for actual animation and sprites in the game, he uses a more unique art style (in my opinion) that revolves around Printmaking. To sum it up quickly, Printmaking is a style in which prints (I know really fucking complex right) are made and multiple copies of the original can be obtained. 


It's really hard to explain without really looking at it, but this art style has been my favorite art style for ages. I'm not sure why, but whenever I look at this art style my imagination goes crazy because so much is included into the art. If you aren't looking the pictures over 3-4 times you just lose so much of the meaning in the paintings, so I highly suggest looking at his art work next time you're just boolin or whatever you're doin.

The reason why some of his art is my favorite is because I think he does one of the best jobs of portraying emotion through art. What I mean by this is that when I look at a painting/print from him, it doesn't take a long time to figure out the tone of the image, but the image is highly detailed and you can take many meanings from the artwork.






When I look at the first image (Here it is in a bigger view for you people who can't see lmfao) I get a fantasy vibe from it. I'm not sure if this is a painting from Final Fantasy but the Female Warrior riding her (what I assume to be) guardian panther while looking at a moon that is connected to the planet? This is definitely Final Fantasy, right?

(Well like I said I'm not sure but I get an adventure vibe from this picture and I just think it's so cool because I'm really envious of people who can draw because I can't draw anything so that's sort of a goal of mine but who knows).


(the Airship was first usable in the first game because after you made if far enough into the game, the regular boat wasn't enough to travel the entirety of the world map, thus they give you an Airship as an easier means of traversing the entire world map)

Second, we have this picture, and I want to spend a little bit of time talking about this one because it is definitely one of my favorite pictures that I've seen in a while. So, for anyone who is not familiar with the Final Fantasy universe (which is probably the vast majority of you guys) the yellow bird things that they are riding are called Chocobos. To put them in perspective, A Chocobo is essentially a raptor that has feathers and isn't a complete asshole to everyone and everything around them. Disregarding my personal comments, I like this picture because as we can see here it is depicting a battle of some sort. In my mind, it is very obvious that the forces on the Chocobos are defending the floating fortress in the background from an attack from invading forces. 

I like this photo a lot because "world-building" is one of the hardest things that any author or artist can do and I think this image really captures the whole "world building" aspect very well. If you look at the sky you'll see how blue the sky is (giving a vibe that its summer or late spring) and then you'll also see the very noticeable Sky Fortress and Airships defending the perimeter of the entire city/fortress. Airships have always been a huge part in Final Fantasy and I think it's always cool to see them in abundance because Airships are one of the most advanced technologies in any Final Fantasy universe. 

The last thing that I like about this photo is the depiction of an all out war or some sort of "offensive" from the defending forces if that makes any sense. In this picture it seems to me that the "Human" (there are no humans in Final Fantasy, just races that are practically human) forces have driven back the forces of the monsters and are beginning their offensive led by the "human-esque" that you see in the front. One reason why I like this a lot is due to the medieval age being one of the eras that I find the most fascinating and also due to it being the one that most closely resembles Final Fantasy and JRPG's in general. 

I could spend more time on these pictures, but Imma let ya'll look at these and decide what you see for yourselves. Leave a comment and let me know how ya'll feel about these photos because I'm really curious. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delving into Classical RPG's : My Thoughts on Final Fantasy 1

Final Fantasy 5 Review Follow-Up

Wednesday Grab-Bag #1