Final Fantasy 5 Review Follow-Up

So, in my last blog, I did a pretty in-depth review about Final Fantasy 5, which is a game that is very near and dear to my heart. Due to Final Fantasy 5 being my favorite game in the series for sentimental reasons, I decided that I wanted to wrap things up because I personally felt that my last blog post was rather biased, and I felt the need to look at the game more objectively.

 Firstly, what I was trying to get across was that Final Fantasy 5 is sort of like the weird child in the family in the sense that Final Fantasy 5 is really different from the rest of the games in the series, not just because of the story, but also because of the game play. I also wanted to note that Final Fantasy 5's story was definitely one of the weaker ones in the series because of how cliche one could say it is, but I thought that even though it was cliche, it was well put together because of the lack of plot holes in the story.

Secondly, even though the job class system was really nice, there were definitely cons in the system. For instance, you get more job classes from the crystal shards of the 4 crystals throughout the entirety of the game, like I already stated in the blog beforehand. However, what I didn't mention was that after you get the new classes, there was almost no reason to go back to any of the old classes to master them, because to put it simply, the new classes outclassed the old ones by a large margin. One could say that this doesn't really take away from the game, but one could argue that it does because it makes the ability to change classes seem useless and redundant, because who wants to go back to weaker class when you are stronger? I also forgot to mention that obtaining levels for the job classes is somewhat frustrating and tedious due to the relatively minuscule amount of ability points one receives after one battle.

Lastly, I just wanted to mention that the can lighthearted tone of the game really detracts from a lot of the more serious scenes in the game, but one could also argue that it makes those darker scenes a lot more shocking and intense due to the abrupt shifts from comical to serious throughout the game.

I personally feel that this gives a more objective look at some of the cons in the game, but I still think that you should give this game a try or at least give a JRPG a try some time.

Word Count: 447 Words

Comments

  1. I really like that you went back to give a more objective review, as this helps me decide on which games to play easier.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Delving into Classical RPG's : My Thoughts on Final Fantasy 1

Underrated Games: A Quick Review about Final Fantasy Mystic Quest